Hello my lovely readers!!
TGIF! As we get ready for the weekend one of the most awesome things to look forward to is … brunch! I have said this before and I will say it again; brunch is one of my favorite meals, ever! One of my all time favorite dishes for brunch is an avocado and eggs spread on toast. It’s super simple to make and takes less than 15 minutes, best of all it’s very healthy for you.
Here is the recipe for how you can make your own amazing spread at home!
Ingredients for a serving of two:
- One medium to large avocado
- One lemon
- Two eggs
- Two table spoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- A tad bit of pepper
- A tad bit of walnuts.
- Bread slices of your choice (I recommend sour dough or multigrain)
- Boil eggs! Since everything else is going to be a lot more time consuming you are going to put your eggs in hot boiling water first and let it cook through all the way.
- Peel your avocado! And put it in a bowl you are going to want to cut it into small pieces because this baby is going to be mashed!
- Squeeze your lemon in the bowl; remember you need to take the seeds out to prevent them from getting in the bowl. The acidity of the lemon helps to keep the avocado from turning color it also makes it that much more delicious
- Add a little olive oil: take a tablespoon of extra- virgin olive oil and add it to the bowl!
- Add your walnuts and a tad bit of pepper.
- Take a fork or a potato smasher and mash that avocado up real well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice up your hard-boiled egg and add it into the bowl; give it one last mix.
- Toast your bread and spread the avocado egg salad!
TADAH! You just made yourself a delicious and healthy brunch!
I hope you guys all have a wonderful weekend.