Artist Spotlight: CHVRCHES

Hello my amazing readers!

It’s Wednesday and it’s time to introduce some new tunes for your playlists! This week I want to introduce you to Scottish electronic band CHVRCHES and their lead singer Lauren Mayberry. The band has been making their tour rounds in the UK with their hits such as ‘The Mother We Share’ and have been on the great talents watch list according to BBC.

CHVRCHES is yet another band that credits their success to bloggers and their wave of internet support. They call themselves a band born on the internet and serve as a wonderful result of what blogger support can do!

The band and it’s lead singer are also not shy to discuss social media gender harassment. Mayberry has recently been making some strong and brave points about the difficulties female “rockstars” have to face and some of her own challenges with being a target of misogynistic trolling online.

With a brand new album set to be released September 25th 2015 there is a lot more to look forward to from this band! Here are some of my favourite songs:

ParPar.V

Yeah I remember her making that point at the time. I heard of them first with Gun.

Nice one! what do you think of them?

I like what I’ve heard so far. Lykke Li is still what I’m listening to though.

2. Josh Wrenn says:

Not my style of music, but I like her strong stance. Her voice sounds good but there is too much electronic altering to be sure. Typical of pop right now.

3. cringing says:

I LOVE Chrvches, and I’m so happy you like them as well! Lauren is the cutest, and I love how empowering she is. Love this post!

Awww!! Sweet!! thanks for the lovely comments 🙂 I love what you are doing with your blog! wait. PAUSE YOU JUST LAUNCHED YOUR E-BOOK!! Ummmm.. WOW!! Congrats!!! paste the link here girl !! 🙂

1. cringing says:

AHH I did and I am so excited about it! Although it unfortunately can’t be accessed by mobile (computer/laptop only), the link is http://joom.ag/yvdp ! It would mean so much if you read it, and please tell me your thoughts if you do!

Thats amazing!! I will for sure ready and let you know 🙂 Xx.

wow!! I just read your ebook! great work, I love that the application let you flip through the pages like a real book! you know the idea of stepping out of your comfort zone is something I truly believe everyone needs to do in order to grow and I really love the challenges you set for yourself! the pictures were sooooo much fun too!! keep up the good work 🙂