Life-Hack: DIY Pumpkin Flower Display

Hello my amazing readers!

Fall is here and some of my favourite colors of the season red, yellow and orange, are all around us! Since I live in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving pretty early (the second Monday of October), therefore getting ready for thanksgiving dinners and decorations also comes early for us!

One of my favourite things to do for fall is to put small seasonal decorations around the house. As I have mentioned before, I have a tradition of getting flowers for my place every Sunday. One of the ideas I have recently come across is a fun decorative way to combine my tradition with the fall season by creating a pumpkin flower pot!

It’s actually pretty easy to do this at home especially if you have some experience carving a pumpkin. The only things you really need to do (without getting too fancy) are the following:

• Carve your pumpkin.
  • Pick your flower arrangements.
  • Place it inside the pumpkin!

Here are a few great tips from around the web on how to get the best results for either a centre piece or an outside flower pot.

Pumpkin Flower Pot: iheartnaptime.net

DIY-Pumpkin-Flower-Pot-1

Pumpkin Centrepiece: Evette Rios

Let me know what you guys think!

1. burstingblossoms says:

omg !!! halloween 🙂

ahhahah yes! 🙂

1. burstingblossoms says:

cant wait 🙂 will you do a halloween costume post 🙂

Yes!!! will you?? I’m thinking about making mine!

3. burstingblossoms says:

Same here 🙂 i am thinking of just layering out or atleast making one for the halloween 🙂 i cant wait to see yours

2. Josh Wrenn says:

That is awesome. I wish I could be have cut flowers and grasses and things inside, because I would make those in a heartbeat!

You should give it a try! you can just walk around your neighborhood and pick some things!

1. Josh Wrenn says:

I’m not allowed to, for medical reasons. 😦 Which is weird, because I can still carve pumpkins and that is cut plant matter, but I guess there is something in it to prevent infections.

Oh I am sorry to hear that, brutal. If it’s any consolation I am deathly allergic to bamboo leaves and I found out in a really fun way… when I was helping my dad trim the bamboo branches and literally rolled all over the leaves in the garden. Next thing I knew my entire body was covered with hives! it was crazy!!! Anywho I will make sure to include non-plant decorations for the season (but still keep the pumpkin 😛 )