It’s life-hack Thursday!!! which means I am back with some more helpful tips for the everyday struggles 😉
This is a tip that I have been using for the last few months and I first heard about it from my friend/co-worker, Martha. Since Martha is the type of person who appreciates clean spaces, I knew I was getting good info 😉
This is an everyday problem most of us who spend anytime in the kitchen come across: cleaning your sink and drains. A lot of germs and bacteria come in contact with your sink and everyone should try and sanitize their sink once in a while but keep in mind the non-toxic cleaners are usually the best way to go!
One of the best non-toxic cleaners you could use for cleaning your sink is…… Baking soda + Vinegar!! I know what you are thinking…waaaaaaaaaat? How does this work?!
Here are a few easy steps to follow courtesy of crunchybetty.com which works for both cleaning and unplugging your drains:
- Pour a pot of boiling hot water around the sink area and your drains.
- Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. Let that sit for a few minutes.
- Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar and 1. c very hot water down on top of the baking soda.
- Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water.
- Scrub and wash down the sink one last time!
Now, I have been doing this for a few months and I can tell you that you MUST brush and scrub off the baking soda and vinegar very well, otherwise it will stain your sink and that’s not what you want!
Let me know what you guys think!