Luck= Preparation + Opportunity

“I am a great believer in luck. I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.”

~Thomas Jefferson

Thought of the day:

I find that the more I speak to people, who I once thought were simply “lucky”, the less I believe in the traditional idea of luck.

What I now know:

Luck can only take place if preparation & hard work come before the  ‘lucky opportunity’ presents itself.

While it’s true that the common thread in many success stories seems to be that one”lucky-break” or even a series of them, what is more evident is the hard work that actually came before it.

What now?

I guess the question is:

What kind of lucky opportunity are you looking for?

&

How hard are you willing to work in order to prepare for that lucky opportunity?

It’s important to be honest with yourself about what kind of goals you want to achieve in your life. Narrow them down and then from there on start preparing with a lot of hard work!

-ParPar

Skill and luck are great together!

Tony! Indeed they are 🙂 any lucky opportunities you’ve gained through hard work ?

As my mother always said: “you make your own luck.” And I have come to believe that.

Mothers are right! And I now truly believe that too 🙂

Glad to hear we are both in agreement.

3. Josh Wrenn says:

This is dead on. You still need to catch the break, but the harder you work, the better your chance of being in the position to catch those breaks, and the higher the likelihood you won’t blow that chance could it come across. Right now, I’m hoping that I can get my health in a better state. Some it is just waiting, but I can work on the rest of my health and exercise, eat right, get my strength up really high, so that my body is doing less work on that and can focus on rebuilding certain cell lines I currently lack.

Josh! Wow thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I am honestly really impressed by how applied this idea to your health condition. Which is actually right on and very very helpful for those experience similar difficulties. In any kind of goal or conditions we want to obtain we can alway always put forth some effort! I wish you all the best in your journey and look forward to hearing updates. Sending you TONS of positive vibes!! 🙂

4. Jasmine S. says:

So true. There is definitely luck but you have to meet it halfway!

Agreed!!! Thanks for commenting Jasmine 🙂

You have plenty of skill so I’ll wish you luck instead 🙂 Mark Twain wrote a very funny story called Luck if you ever get the chance.

Is that so?! I have to check it out then