Hello, my amazing readers!
I haven’t done a product review in a long time mostly because I haven’t come across anything too exciting in a while BUT I have a lot of feedback on the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel which I would love to share with you! All opinions are my own ofcourse 🙂
Let me just start off by saying that I love getting my nails done, I mean how can you not? It’s such a treat to sit and be pampered while doing little to no work as your nails get beautified! With that said here are some of the downsides:
- Time: It takes a loooong time to get your nails done (1 hour or more if you include drying).
- Hygiene: I ALWAYS recommend going to clean places but at the end of the day.. you just never really know…
- Product: A lot of nail spa’s use products to help make your manicure last longer (such as gel nails) but it ends up ruining your natural nails and weakening them significantly.
- Injury: I have heard HORROR stories from friends getting really gross infections from the salon so I am ALWAYS cautious about where I get my nails done. Personally, I’ve only had two incidences where my cuticles were cut a little too deep causing minor bleeding- now imagine if the spa wasn’t cleaning all their tools then you would be looking at some infection possibilities (YIKES!).
- Cost: Obviously the cost is always a factor, a mani-pedi on a good day can cost between 50$-80$.
The best way to avoid these downsides is to do your own nails at home but you will need to invest in getting some good quality nail polish products.
Personally I have tried them all; OPI, Essie, L’oreal, elf, H&M, Cover girl and even Chanel (Chanel is definitely my favorite nail polish but it’s really pricey and runs out rather quickly).
I am always excited to try different brands and so when I came across the new Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish, I had to try it.
I will say I had my hesitations about the promise of a “Gel” finish but since the entire set (1 color and 1 gel topcoat) was 20$, I thought I would give it a go and see what happens.
Alright, I couldn’t resist just buying one color so I bought two lol! but I needed it…. for research… for this post … right? 😛
The good news is you only have to purchase the top coat once and it can be applied to all the Gel miracle colors.
What Sally Hansen promises to deliver with their Miracle Gel:
“Technology: Patented & exclusive gel color system. Natural-light-curing technology.”
- No UV/LED light needed
- 2 simple steps
- Increased wear & durability over time
- Easy, soak free removal
Results: Up to 14 days of color & shine.
What I think Sally Hansen Actually Delivers:
I have to say that this was one of the better nail polish sets I have tried. I prefer the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel over OPI because I think OPI takes too many layers of color to obtain a smooth finish.
The application for Sally Hansen miracle gel was really easy and it also dried rather quickly which I loved!
The end result while awesome wasn’t exactly a “Gel” finish like the ones you would get from the salon but given that you don’t need UV lights and the polish comes off a lot easier, I didn’t have much of a problem with it.
I liked the shine that the top gel coat provided but I noticed that the shine faded after a few days and another application of the top coat was necessary.
I found that there is no way this nail polish can last up to 14 days!! I mean unless you are not using your hands for anything at all! The max. duration of time I have had a coat of this nail polish on for was one week (without chip), which is still really good!
Overall, I think it’s worth giving this nail polish a try and it’s a fairly reasonable price as well! My rating for this product 7.5/10
Let me know what you guys think? Have you tried this product? what are your thoughts! And or any recommendations for nail polish? I am always looking.