Prince <3

Hello,

Today the world lost a legend, a true musician and voice that captivated millions of people throughout the years. I am deeply heartbroken to have heard the news about Prince passing away at only 57…

Prince was an icon and there will never be an artist that can come close to replicating his work. Today is a very sad day.

I will forever remember Prince for his talent but above all his compassion towards people and his generosity. When he visited Vancouver in 2011 for his concert he donated 200 of his tickets to be sold for a local charity “Better Life Foundation” reportedly after he had been taken through Main and East Vancouver (a very poor local neighbourhood).

Oh you guys… I will be weeping to Purple Rain today. In the spirit of the legend share with me your favourite songs!

Your post was the first I’d heard about it. Very sad news. His music influenced so many people.

I am sorry to be the first 😦 he was a legend. I am really sad..

Not at all. If you’re going to hear sad news may as well be from someone who understands. There’s an anecdote about him that sums up his outrageous talent. He met a band trying to make it and liking the decided to write them a song. That band was The Bangles and it was Manic Monday. He kept them off the top of the charts with his own song.

Woah I did not know that! Thanks for sharing Alex… Sounds like he helped many people ❤️

2. painkills2 says:

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Bathtub scene. “Don’t you just love Prince.” Yes, Julia, I do. 😦

Liked by 2 people

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I forgot about that !!

3. Lisa A. says:

I like Purple Rain, 1999, When Doves Cry, Red Corvette, etc.

Liked by 2 people