Birthday Revelations!

Today is my birthday and it’s an occasion that marks the end of a chapter and the start of a new one. I am turning 27 years old. I am not entirely sure how I should feel about that yet, I am still formulating my thoughts; am I old? Is it too late to change the course of my life? What is to become of the rest of my life? Have I made the right decisions thus far? Pause. FREAKOUT! Pause again. (ohhhh.. what it’s like to be inside of my head)

You see, there are two distinct occasions where I go into a deep mode of reflection; New Years and birthdays. In that process, a lot of emotions are realized, I exhaustingly re-examine the case of the year before and how it has led me to the present moment. In that process, I look through all my journals; marked with the distinct moments of change. It’s not always easy, in fact, this intense need to re-examine my life (in its entirety) is the reason why I don’t often look forward to either of these occasions.

When I look back at last year, I can honestly say that everything has changed in (surprisingly) the best possible way. There are still a lot of uncertain territories for me to cross in my life journey, but I’ve been told that is all just “part of the process”. Last year, there were a lot of crossroads and difficult decisions to be made and I hope I have laid the groundwork for the next stage in my life and career.

One year ago today, I was in Vegas with an awesome group of girlfriends from Vancouver and Toronto, we had the time of our lives, seriously. There are just no words for the awesome combination of events and food that was the adventures of last year and it sure kept my mind off going far too deep into reflecting (because too much of that isn’t good either).

This year I was determined to have a low-key night in Vancouver and just as I was settling into doing just that with a box of tissues and my journals by my bedside, my best friend changed everything. Showing up with packed bags, demanding that I get my passport so we can spend my birthday in Seattle. With some hesitation, I did just that and as chance would have it, we met up with some of our friends who were also in Seattle this weekend. And so, what was meant to be a low-key birthday, turned out to be a pretty amazing, fun and food filled getaway none of which was planned!

As I sit here today, writing this post, I am humbled…simply humbled by what life can bring your way. I am not sure what the future year will hold for me and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared. I do know one thing for certain; I am surrounded by people who have become the pillars of strength that I needed to make some big girl changes and I couldn’t be more grateful to have them in my life.

I also know that all of YOU, my amazing readers, fellow bloggers, and friends have become a major part of my life. I read your comments and emails, which have been a priceless part of my journey. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Please have a little something sweet for me today!!

Cheers to entering my late 20’s, I welcome it with some hesitation but mostly with open arms! To adventures and beyond, to growth and even more change~

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Happy birthday my blogging friend. Life gets better with each year. Enjoy the year ahead. Rock on!

Hey Tony! You know what? I have a feeling you are right 🙂 thank you so much! cheers to life!

2. Christine says:

Wonderful post. A lot of amazing things have happened to you in the past little while but I believe there is far more to come in your journey. I truly feel it! I’m happy to hear that you’ve had some of if not the best birthday celebration to date (since it was unexpected and unplanned – the best!!). I am proud to have a friend like you whose soul is just as beautiful as your outside. 🙂 Cheers with a glass of bubbly to an even more magical year ahead my friend! See you soon! xo

Bonjour Christine! Awwww you are soo kind! I really appreciate this message and I too am proud to call you my friend. Cheers to many more years of brunching at French bistros, ALBON!!, all things fashion and Paris! ❤ see you very soon Xx.

Happy Birthday! May all the days, the years to follow be filled with all the joy you have experienced so far. We continue to grow if we remain open to what lies ahead and continue to learn from what came before. And you, my clear-eyed friend, will have much to learn as you keep growing into the wise woman you are becoming each and every day.

Leonard! you are so very kind, I really appreciate the kind words and the time you took to write them. I hope that my personal growth never stops because to me that is what life is all about. Cheers to you Leonard for keeping me in check 🙂

You are most welcome. Somehow I don’t think personal growth will ever be a problem for you.

4. Hey Par!
    It’s been a while since I’ve peeked your blog but I always enjoy yor posts! Happy birthday, and I’m happy you are enjoying yourself while learning and enlightening yourself as you include us in your journey. You are a beautiful and inspiring person and I hope to be just as humbled as I also start to enter my late 20’s and hear my inner voice freak out 🙂 !

Love // kristy ww

Awwww kristy! thanks for dropping by and what a wonderful message, I really appreciate it. YES! cheers to life journeys and the inner voice that freaks out from time to time ❤

5. Keith says:

What a great friend. Happy Birthday.

The best anyone could ask for! thank you Keith 🙂

Sounds a fantastic time. I’m glad you had another set of wonderful memories for your birthday collection.

Thanks Alex! and thanks for remembering my birthday 🙂 cheers to 4 am hamburger delivery (hope that comes to Canada one day) lol

You should open up your own 24 hour takeaway restaurant 🙂

7. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    HAPPY POST-BIRTHDAY-TO-YOU!

Thank you sooo soo sooooo much !!

1. ORT-ORT-ORT-ORT (THROW HIM A FISH!)

8. Lisa A. says:

Happy belated birthday! Girl, you’re still VERY young! You seem to have your life in order and you’re also traveling the world which is all great! You’re really doing a fabulous job! At your age, I was raising a baby on my own and working a crappy job to support me and him. I left an abusive seven-year relationship with my son’s dad. I’m hitting 35 this year and I’m freaking out just a little bit. I wish you the best and many more! Hugs! ❤

Wow! Thank you for the message and I have to say it sounds like you have lived a life with far more lessons than I could ever imagine. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all that you have gone through thus far. You are an extraordinary person, thank you for reading my blog! I am forever your fan 🙂

1. Lisa A. says:

You’re too kind! Thank you 🙂 Even if I haven’t been around as much, I enjoy reading your blog! I learn a lot of new things from it! I’m a loyal fan and reader!