Long Weekend Getaway: Washington

Hello my amazing readers,

I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far! Here in B.C we enjoyed a long weekend holiday and long weekends for most Vancouverites, call for a quick getaway. As such, a few of my friends and I hit the road to Washington & it was such a treat! I always love to explore new areas and partake in local activities versus touristy ones and we did just that.

It’s all about the company you keep.

We were lucky because we have friends in Seattle who have moved there for work and they sure knew all the hotspots to show us, which otherwise we would not have ever known about (don’t worry I will share my favorite ones with you here).

We jammed in a lot of fun activities including; Dining-out, Brunching, BBQ, Gokarting, Shopping, Watching the latest Jason Born movie in theatres (which was terribly disappointing) but best of all staying up late & talking life on a gorgeous patio with nothing but the summer night magic in the air. That’s when it hit me, it doesn’t matter where you are or what you are doing; It’s all about the company you keep.

DeruMarket: If you are in Washington; YOU MUST GO HERE! all the ingredients are from local organic farms and the food was to die for! I can’t express enough how delicious everything was and we even had some cake that I can’t talk about…. it was that good… www.derumarket.com

img_6138img_6200

SyKart GoKarting: one of the best indoor GoKarting tracks in Washington and a great excuse to exercise your need for speed. We had a lot of fun here, so much so that I confused GoKarting with bumper cars for a second and inflicted a minor shoulder injury on myself…. IT WAS STILL WORTH IT! 😛

Thank you Sykart for the experience:  www.sykart.com

A shoutout to my friends in Washington who graciously hosted us!

See you soon Washington, The Pacific North West life.. continues!

Sounds awesome! I love go karting. What stuff did you buy?

I love GoKarting too! I wasn’t great at it but I love speeding so I am looking to go back soon.

As for the shopping, I was very very good this trip (I will leave it at that). LOL

I’ve been a few times. Once was even on ice. I should send you the pics sometime.

You should!! That sounds terrifying!! one ice?! jeeez

What holiday were you celebrating?

Hi Tony! We were celebrating British Columbia Day (BC-Day) which is always the first Monday of August for us!

3. Sounds fun! The pizza looks delicious.
    XO

Thanks Luiza! It was yummy if you are in that area, you should try it 🙂