Cabin Getaway B.C

Hello my amazing readers,

One of the best ways to de-stress and rejuvenate is to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and venture out to the middle of nowhere and into the woods. I have been beyond stressed-out lately, to an unhealthy extent, so I can’t emphasize how badly I needed to get away (even just for a minute) and reconnect with nature.

Luckily living in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, we are spoiled with a ton of spots to get away to when in need. So I called up a few friends on Thursday, they did a little bit of research and by Friday we were in this magical spot, in the woods & by the lake:

This was our adorable cabin which thankfully was available so last minute. And let’s be honest as much as I love to be connected to nature, I need a cabin in order to do so (Serious props to those who camp in tents).

IMG_6513

I had to share this picture of the stove in our cabin as a testament to how antique looking everything was and I just adored it!

IMG_6531

Shortly after arrival, I managed to find an axe and started chopping some wood, which proved to be an extremely effective way to blow off some steam ( I assure you, I was not prepping for my next kill, lol).

And after breaking a sweat, we finally sat down to enjoy a nice cool beverage.

IMG_6543

We also brought our bikes and went on a few bike trails, although there were a lot of bear and wolves around and we quickly took note of that when we saw people walking around with rifles (I assume just in case…). We did have bear spray, which somehow next to a rifle didn’t seem as effective, thankfully we didn’t have any bear encounters.

The next day we hit up the lake for some boating and floating activities!

IMG_6600

I love real fire and I was so happy to be sitting next to one for a couple of nights.

IMG_6786

I did, however, managed to get sunburnt because apparently, I have such sensitive skin that even SPF 60 can’t do much for me.

I will say, without a doubt, glamping in the woods is really rejuvenating and I feel so refreshed after the whole experience.

IMG_6752

IMG_6731

IMG_6815

I plan on going back very soon…

You should definitely go back. Just as well as you have the spray. Real life bears probably aren’t as friendly as the cartoons. Did you go for a swim?

2. Josh Wrenn says:

Beautiful PNW getaway. Looks like you had a very nice time. Why am I craving a Stella and s’mores around a fire now?

Hahahahah! Thanks for reading Josh, sorry about the unintended product placement. I assure you I was not paid for it 😛

Looks really great. Makes me miss boating. My getaway this week is climbing around ruins and no lake in sight. Will have the Aegean on my next two trips but no kayaking which I love. I don’t miss bears, though. Watch out for that nasty old sun.

Thank you so much Leonard! Your getaway sounds amazing and very historical, I would love to visit Turkey again soon! I’ll be doubling up on sunscreen for sure next time 🙂

You would always be welcome here. This is, according to my t-shirt, the world’s largest museum. Would love to show you some of it.

Thank you so much!!

4. Keith says:

Thanks for taking us along on your journey. Beautiful setting and what a quaint cabin. I love the old timey stove as well. Keith

Thank you so much Keith, I most certainly recommend that you visit BC when you get a chance.

5. Heather Anne says:

This is beautiful! I wouldn’t blame you for going back. I’m glad you got away for a few days and rejuvenated yourself. Lovely post!

Thank you so much Heather! I hope you get to visit our side of the world and see it for yourself 🙂

1. Heather Anne says:

One day. My boyfriend has family up near New Brunswick. Not sure how far that is from you (Geography is not my strong suit), but one day I’ll get up to Canada. It looks stunning.

6. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    WHAT WOMANLY MUSCLES!!!! AND GREAT EXPERIENCES!

7. Love these pictures! You and you friend look so fashionable while camping!

Thank you so much 🙂 that’s very kind of you to say! I love camping

8. It looks like a beautiful getaway spot.

Yes! you should visit sometime 🙂