Hello, my amazing readers!
I am introducing a new section to my blog and I’ve decided to name it “The Busy Girl’s Guide to Cooking”. I would just like to note that I am only a beginner in the cooking game so don’t expect any complicated recipes but DO expect recipes that should take less than 20 minutes to cook! Your feedback, comments, and especially advice will be highly appreciated. Before I start with today’s recipe, I want to run you through the everyday scenario of life as I know it before dinner:
It’s 5:30pm I am starving, I have somehow managed to snack away lunch and I am highly caffeinated from the mass consumption of coffee throughout the day. I look in the fridge and I have only a handful of items that are edible. WHAT DO I DO? I have one clear option; go out for dinner. But I can’t, I can’t bring myself to leave my shelter. I just don’t want to leave the comfort of my home! Don’t make me go out into the world again! Dear god, please!
Then suddenly in my darkest hour, I open the freezer and there it was; the frozen Tiger Shrimps I had forgotten all about… they were here to save me! they were the beam of light showing me the path to salvation!
(I know, a little melodramatic but haven’t we ALL been there?)
And so, I gathered up all the ingredients in the fridge and did the best I could with the limited amount of supplies I had…
Fried Tiger Shrimp & Salad Recipe
Lemons or Organic Lemon Juice
- Wash shrimps in a pot and rinse thoroughly.
- Melt Butter in Frying pan. (keep at a low to medium temperature).
- Slowly put the shrimps in the frying pan.
- Add Tumeric (1 teaspoon) & stir.
- Add black pepper (1 teaspoon)& stir.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice (1.5 tablespoons).
- Wait for about 10-15 minutes & the shrimps should be ready to serve on top of your salad.
Bonus (If you want to take it to the next level):
- Add (1 teaspoon) of Cayenne pepper to the shrimp during step 5.
- Great wine pairing option with this meal is a nice red merlot.
- A side of vegetables with hot sauce is also a good idea (if you feel up to it).
And there you have it! Fried Tiger Shrimp Salad in less than 20 minutes. Let me know if you guys have any feedback, I always love reading your comments 🙂