Thanksgiving Gift Ideas: What Gift To Take For Your Host/Hostess.

Thanksgiving day in Canada is the second Monday of October, which means we are just mere days away from a turkey filled weekend. If you are invited to multiple thanksgiving dinners, it can be a bit of a challenge to pick out a gift for your host/hostess, so here are just a few ideas that might help with your decision making!

photo-1475474369946-72bb667aae19.jpg

1. Pie: You can never have enough pie, let your hostess know in advance that you’ve got a special pie recipe in mind or grab one from a bakery. Cooking the turkey is hard enough so taking away the stress of baking is a great gift for your host!

photo-1474722883778-792e7990302f.jpg

1. Wine: Wine is always a good idea. Be sure to ask your host if they prefer a red or white. photo-1470124182917-cc6e71b22ecc.jpg
  1. Edible treats: sweets, fruit basket or even some seasonal nuts.

photo-1461174106495-31e4ca6ed98a.jpg

1. Looseleaf tea: a great gift idea that can last a long time.

photo-1471048235348-691b6a5faf4a.jpg

1. Fall scented Candles: another awesome gift that can last throughout the holidays.

photo-1456404823214-a69ef7a1fae5.jpg

1. Holiday containers: It’s incredible how frequently hosts run out of glass containers to store their thanksgiving leftovers, this is a practical gift for your host, especially if they are giving away leftovers to attendees. (bonus: place a side dish in one of the holiday containers to be added to the dinner table, your host will love you).

photo-1473973916745-60839aebf06b-1.jpg

1. Flowers: I love fall color floral arrangements and if your hostess insists that you shouldn’t bring any food, just take flowers.

photo-1471102204080-fe99e6db4ef0.jpg

1. Breakfast for the next day: Bagels & Croissants because it’s unlikely that your hostess will want to cook again for a while.

What’s your favorite holiday gift to add to this list?

-ParParV

I think ice is always a must especially for keeping things cold. We in the American south like iced tea and we drink a lot of it. It appears that Canadian and American thanksgivings look very much alike.

Liked by 2 people

Oooo great idea!! I didn’t think of ice but you are so correct, I always runout of ice during a party and have to call someone last minute to pick some up. Yes, we do have very similar thanksgiving celebrations the only difference is that we celebrate in October! I will add ice to my list for next year 🙂

You’d make such a great guest.

Why thank you! I think it’s important to contribute to the party you are invited to with your host in mind 🙂

Any additions you would make to the list?

We don’t celebrate it here, but maybe a board game would be nice. A non-active one for after the eating haha.

3. Jasmine S. says:

You really are a great guest!! When you can you come over?! 😛 I love all of these ideas, but I think my favorites are the breakfast and the holiday containers. Both are unique, creative, and useful!

Awwww thanks Jasmine! well if you are cooking I will be there asap, I bet thanksgiving at your house is an epic food fest!! Yes the breakfast and containers are most certainly the best practical gift for you host! 🙂

Thanks girl!! 🙂

4. These are great ideas! I’m going to use one this Thanksgiving 🙂

Thank you so so so much! 🙂

5. All of those gifts are very thoughtful. Sometimes I get my mom a potted plant instead of flowers so she can have a gift that lives on longer than flowers.

Thank you!! I love potted plants too, it’s a great alternative to flowers!! Great idea 🙂

6. Dang! Thanksgiving already! I hope yours is good. Wine! White and Red.