The Day After Halloween: Sugar Detox.

Halloween has come and gone and most of us probably woke up like this….

photo-1453227588063-bb302b62f50b.jpg

Yes…. the aftermath of a sugar binge and one too many peanut butter chocolate cups will ensure the failure to properly “adult” your way through the morning. Here are a few tips on keeping your dignity at work and saving what is left of your health for the next few days.

1. Get rid of the evidence: Throwaway or donate any leftover candy (don’t tempt yourself by leaving it around the house, be honest you are NOT strong enough atm).
  2. Get moving: As much as you want to curl up in bed all day and avoid all human interaction, it’s not going to fix anything. Get out of bed and move on to step three…
  3. Water: Dehydration is very common after a sugar binge. Drink a lot of  water, increase your normal amount of intake for at least 24 hours.
  4. Eat real food: I know it’s hard to get back to eating food that’s not wrapped in colourful packages and not dipped in chocolate but your body needs it. Grab some veggies and start chewing! also make sure you have a little protein on the side.
  5. Hit the Gym: Yes… yes.. you are experiencing a sugar crash and your energy level is at an all time low and the last thing you want to do is go to the gym but if you can just adult through this for 30 minutes and break a sweat, your body will be ever more grateful.

I hope we can all get through this together…

You always have such good advice. My own post on Halloween focused more on the celebrity side and my own personal efforts. I hope you got only the best of candy.

Thanks Alex!! I will most certainly check it out and yes the best part about being an adult during halloween is that you buy your own candy so often they are your favourites (which is the most dangerous). What is your favourite candy?

Have you heard of fruit pastels or Haribo? Do you ever dress up?

2. Josh Wrenn says:

Is this why I have a fuzzy headache this morning? Two pieces of candy? Could be, huh? Thanks for the tips!

Hahahaha! not sure if two pieces will do the trick but lets be honest the day after halloween is just rough to get through anyway!

3. I was good and didn’t have too much candy! Unfortunately, I’ll probably use that as an excuse to have some more.

Sarah!! Good for you… I wish I could say I was good. I was not 😦 you deserve to have a few treats then πŸ˜›

4. Eat all the candy! Eat it! It’s so tasty 😈

David!! that’s too cruel πŸ˜› hahahahah

1. Me? Cruel? Nahhhhh! I’m just sitting here enjoying this DELICIOUS chocolate bar NOM NOM NOM 😈😜

5. Lmao at the picture of the doggie. He looks like me when I dont wanna go to work

LOL! I know, right? Haven’t we all been there??

6. Jasmine S. says:

Lol! “Get rid of the evidence” – this is exactly what I need to do! We got way too much candy for the number of trick or treaters we had and now we’re just grabbing bits of candy whenever we walk by.

Hhahahahah!! I know right? It’s never a good idea to keep chocolate around because the results are inevitable!