Halloween has come and gone and most of us probably woke up like this….
Yes…. the aftermath of a sugar binge and one too many peanut butter chocolate cups will ensure the failure to properly “adult” your way through the morning. Here are a few tips on keeping your dignity at work and saving what is left of your health for the next few days.
- Get rid of the evidence: Throwaway or donate any leftover candy (don’t tempt yourself by leaving it around the house, be honest you are NOT strong enough atm).
- Get moving: As much as you want to curl up in bed all day and avoid all human interaction, it’s not going to fix anything. Get out of bed and move on to step three…
- Water: Dehydration is very common after a sugar binge. Drink a lot of water, increase your normal amount of intake for at least 24 hours.
- Eat real food: I know it’s hard to get back to eating food that’s not wrapped in colourful packages and not dipped in chocolate but your body needs it. Grab some veggies and start chewing! also make sure you have a little protein on the side.
- Hit the Gym: Yes… yes.. you are experiencing a sugar crash and your energy level is at an all time low and the last thing you want to do is go to the gym but if you can just adult through this for 30 minutes and break a sweat, your body will be ever more grateful.
I hope we can all get through this together…