In the spirit of positivity, let’s end the most difficult week in our intellectual existence on a good note by recognizing that some good things actually happened around the globe. Here are my top 5 picks!
- Hilary Won The Popular Vote: As it turns out Hilary Clinton did win the popular vote meaning; more individual voters actually picked her over Trump. So really, without having that whole mess of the electoral college, Hilary WON!!! It really does make me feel better to know that the majority of voters picked Hilary.
- Markets Have Not Crashed, Yet: One of the first things everyone expected after Trump was picked as president was that the markets would crumble and we would see another spiral down into recession. However, by some miracle, the markets are ok… (with a few exceptions).
- Zika Virus, No More: Well not exactly just yet but it looks like scientist just found antibody that protects developing fetus from the Zika virus and as it turns out a vaccine of it’s kind will be cheap to produce!! I just hope they speedup this whole research process.
- HandUp.Org Revolutionizes Charity: A website created by Rose Broome in San Francisco, connects people in poverty to donors on a much more personal level. Handup.org allows you to find individuals in your community that need a helping hand on basic living needs. You can read a brief bio about what they will be using your donation towards and often it’s simple things like bills, basic housing, food or just dental care they can’t afford. As a donor you can also leave encouraging messages for the people you are donating to. I spent a lot of time on this site looking around their checkpoints and it’s very impressive, I really hope more people start to use it.
- The Victim Of The Kit Kat Bar Theft Receives 6,500 candy bars: Yep, you couldn’t make this up even if you tried. Allow me to let twitter explain:
And that right there is the great powers of Twitter action and a brilliant marketing response from KitKat!
ps. Anyone else remember the KitKat Bar commercial from way back in the days? “Give me a break, Give me a break, Break me off a piece of that KITKAT BAR…”
Oh we don’t have to remember it all, here it is again thanks to Youtube:
Cheers everyone and have a great weekend 🙂