Lifehack App: Headspace.

It’s not often that I can say an app has made an impact in my life and so when I find them I can’t help but to share them with you all! The app I want to feature this month is an unusual one (even for me to have tried) because it’s an app that is designed to help you meditate, relax and destress. Before I go further, let me just address that I know what you’re thinking by now:

“Oh god here we go, some B***S*** app that is suppose to make me meditate and relax? Technology IS the reason I can’t relax, how is this going to help?”

Ok, just hear me out here; I am the worst at meditating, I mean when I attend yoga classes I pretty much think about everything but my breathing, which the instructor keeps telling me I should do!

(Side note: I knew yoga was probably not for me when I attended my last class and realized I recited an entire song in my head during the silent zen moment as well as seriously tried to figure out if the gentleman in front of me was aware of what he was wearing to yoga. So  yoga is not my thing but MUCH respect for people who can fully immerse in the practice. Seriously, I am jealous of the yogis.)

I meditate best on my own time but most definitely need constant reminders to do so and Headspace is a perfect app that sets daily reminders and levels of meditation for you to achieve. You can preset the reminder every day for whatever time works for you and each session only takes 10 minutes!

The sessions are also designed for you to be able to meditate anywhere and anytime, you don’t need to be in the downward facing dog position in front of a waterfall in the middle of nowhere in order to meditate. I love that it is a convenient daily reminder to take a brief pause in what you are doing and it helps improve your breathing as well.

My only negative feedback for the app would be that I find the instructors voice a tad bit on the annoying side ( I wish there were alternative choices for instructional voice recordings). With that said, it has tremendously helped me to relax (something I am not super great at on my own). I highly recommend you give this app a try, it’s free and you have nothing to lose in trying it!

– ParParV

1. bustingblossoms says:

head space app is great I would also recomend Simple Habbit 🙂

Oh you are familiar? I haven’t heard of Simple Habbit, I will have to look into it for sure 🙂

I don’t know. I happen to prefer the downward facing dog position in front of a waterfall in the middle of nowhere but then again there are no waterfalls within my immediate vicinity so perhaps I should give this a try.

Bahahahh! I think if we all lived near a waterfall we wouldn’t need this app. Alas the human always finds a way to cope! thanks for commenting Leonard 🙂

You’re most welcome, as always.

3. Sounds like a great app! I may have to try it!

I hope you do! 10 minutes a day is not a lot of time to spare. Let me know how you like it 🙂

4. Heather Anne says:

I’m pretty rubbish at clearing my head and de-stressing. I’ll have to look this up. Thank you for the review! I need all the help I can get. 😂

Heather! It’s a good one, I promise 🙂